We inspect all our USDA-sourced ingredients upon arrival, and we don't take any damaged goods, or ingredients not kept at safe temperatures - Frozen ingredients must be below 0° Fahrenheit, refrigerated ingredients below 40° Fahrenheit.
Once safe in our kitchen, we prevent food contamination by keeping raw products separate, covered, cold, and labeled. Raw products are never handled in the vicinity of ready to eat products. When chefs move from raw to prepared ingredients, they're required to sanitize and change gloves.
Articles in this section
- How are you handling the recent COVID-19 outbreak?
- Are you inspected by the USDA or FDA?
- Do your employees follow FDA Good Manufacturing Practices?
- How do you handle recalls?
- How do you ensure my meals are fully cooked?
- What do your chefs wear while cooking?
- How do your chefs handle ingredients?
- Where do you source your ingredients?
- What if I have food allergies and how do you handle allergens in your kitchen?
- Who oversees food safety at Freshly?