Yes, we do! We follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) outlined by the FDA code, which are required sanitary standards to produce safe and wholesome food.
Some of our employee safety practices include:
- Wearing hairnets, gloves, protective coats and aprons, as well as appropriate clothing under uniforms, so that legs and shoulders are completely covered
- Practicing personal hygiene, including washing hands frequently
- No excessive use of perfume, body sprays or fragrant lotions
- No eating, drinking, smoking, or chewing gum in the kitchen
- No peanut products are permitted in the building
- No personal belongings, exposed piercings, jewelry, nail polish, acrylic nails, or false eyelashes
You can read more about our chef uniforms here.
Other safety practices include:
- Properly washing and sanitizing equipment, tools and utensils every 45-90 minutes
- Cleaning and sanitizing, as well as utilizing allergen swabs to prevent cross contamination, between all cooking batches and when changing ingredients
- Keeping work areas clean and using sanitizer spray frequently
- Ensuring food is not exposed during washing and sanitizing
- Performing a deep clean of the entire kitchen (including the walls!) every 24-hours