Our meals are prepped and cooked in our kitchens that handle 6 of 8 major food allergens: milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, and soy. Click on any meal listed on our site to check the ingredients and locate any possible allergens - This info is listed on the physical label of the meal too.
With that said, our kitchen doesn't store or handle any peanuts or wheat products, since we're a certified gluten-free meal service. Read more about our gluten-free certification here.
Our chefs are required to keep allergen-containing ingredients separated, covered, and labeled. All cooking equipment and tools must be fully sanitized, and all employees must sanitize and change uniforms before and after cooking with these ingredients. However, we don't prepare meals containing allergenic ingredients on unique lines or with unique utensils.
Of course, we take all precautions to limit cross-contamination, but meals might still have allergenic ingredients. If you have any food allergies, we always recommend chatting with your doctor to see if our meals would be a good fit.
Articles in this section
- How are you handling the recent COVID-19 outbreak?
- Are you inspected by the USDA or FDA?
- Do your employees follow FDA Good Manufacturing Practices?
- How do you handle recalls?
- How do you ensure my meals are fully cooked?
- What do your chefs wear while cooking?
- How do your chefs handle ingredients?
- Where do you source your ingredients?
- What if I have food allergies and how do you handle allergens in your kitchen?
- Who oversees food safety at Freshly?